Netflix VPN detection - actual engineer needed

Matthew Huff mhuff at ox.com
Tue Jun 7 00:44:17 UTC 2016

Search this email thread (there was a link to a document dump), or use google. Neither Netflix nor the content providers have been very shy about this. Now for the speculation part … I think it’s possible that Netflix has gone along with this because they want to expand into countries that have restrictive policies (china, etc..) and will need to have system to either block or limit capabilities based on the geo-ip for other reasons. Just a hunch.