Netflix VPN detection - actual engineer needed

Radu-Adrian Feurdean nanog at radu-adrian.feurdean.net
Mon Jun 6 08:08:01 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jun 5, 2016, at 23:55, jim deleskie wrote:
> Damian, I HIGHLY doubt regular folks are running into issues with this, I
> suspect its not even geeks in general having issues, I suspect 80% plus of
> those having issues spend most of their time complaining about something
> related to v6 and the rest of the geeks not loving them/it enough.

You don't even need a HE tunnel in order to be blocked for "VPN
reasons": 2 providers, both dual-stacked (2 different v6 prefixes on the
home LAN, adresses from both /64s on each machine), only one used for
IPv4 exit.
With this set-up you DO get random messages about being on a VPN (at
least on some devices).