Netflix VPN detection - actual engineer needed

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 23:11:33 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jun 5, 2016 at 6:48 PM, Damian Menscher <menscher at gmail.com> wrote:

> I suggest you focus your efforts on bringing native IPv6 to the masses, not
> criticizing service providers for defending themselves against abuse, just
> because that abuse happens to be over a network (HE tunnel broker; Tor;
> etc) you support.

​I agree with damian here, almost.. I would bet that in teh flix/he case
it's not "abuse" or even: "ToS violations", but the requirement by the IP
folks selling their content to flix that flix do their best to block 'out
of region' access to content.

I dislike the IP folks as much as anyone, but :( flix has to make a
good-faith-effort or they'll lose content sources, I suspect.

-chris​