Netflix VPN detection - actual engineer needed

Cryptographrix cryptographrix at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 22:06:07 UTC 2016

There's really no point in whining about content providers and
regionalization as long as TV channels are still a thing.

I get that the internet totally annihilated borders of all kind (including
the book store), but some businesses change slower than others, and content
production is still back in the black-and-white TV days because even new
content producers don't have that new of a business model.

But nor are ISPs coming up with novel ways for distributors to offer more
reliable regionalization services (and most of them were in the content
regionalization business long before the Internet came around).

Pick one of those two problems and make a business to solve them.

Until then, Netflix's developers could at least use the "novel" solution of
tiering the most accurate forms of location before hitting IP geolocation.