IPv6 is better than ipv4

Ca By cb.list6 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 16:55:40 UTC 2016

On Thursday, June 2, 2016, Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 2, 2016 at 12:23 PM, Daniel Corbe <dcorbe at hammerfiber.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','dcorbe at hammerfiber.com');>> wrote:
>
>> Maybe we should let people believe that IPv6 is faster than IPv4 even if
>> objectively that isn’t true.  Perhaps that will help speed along the
>> adoption process.
>

> ​do we REALLY think it's still just /marketing problem/ that keeps v6
> deployment on the slow-boat?​

YMMV, but the majority of my customers are ipv6. And for those customers
with ipv6, 73% of their traffic is e2e IPv6.

I agree that there are many dark corners of Santa Cruz without IPv6, but
the story is: the whales of content and eyeballs are on IPv6, and it is
cheaper (no cgn) and faster (RUM data) than the ipv4 alternative.

Does it really matter what single digit % of Alexa 1M has a AAAA?