rfc 1812 third party address on traceroute

Marc Storck mstorck at voipgate.com
Wed Jun 1 19:16:08 UTC 2016

With BCP38 in mind, could therre be situations where Router R is not allowed to source packets with address A out of intergace C?

I think that the possibility does exist.

E.g. If interface A and C are upstream interfaces, router R may use an IP address from ISP A on interface A and an address from ISP C on interface C.

Obviously BCP38 is not widely deployed but yet...

Regards,

Marc