Tracking traffic usage at router or switch port?

Spencer Ryan sryan at arbor.net
Wed Jun 1 18:02:37 UTC 2016

I would monitor it wherever you would do traffic shaping/policing. If that
happens on the CPE monitor it there. If the CPE is just all Layer2 back to
a router or whatever and the router is doing rate limiting monitor it
there. For circuits that run at wirespeed with no limits
(10/100/1000/10k/etc) the same logic applies, just monitor the bandwidth
where you would normally do the policing.

*Spencer Ryan* | Senior Systems Administrator | sryan at arbor.net
*Arbor Networks*
+1.734.794.5033 (d) | +1.734.846.2053 (m)
www.arbornetworks.com