Cloudflare, dirty networks and politricks

J. Oquendo joquendo at e-fensive.net
Thu Jul 28 19:03:50 UTC 2016

On Thu, 28 Jul 2016, Stephen Satchell wrote:

> Let's supposed someone did indeed de-peer or otherwise block Cloudflare
> from their entire network.
>
> Which of y'all would be the first to say to that network operator, "Hope
> you enjoy your intranet"?

Really? Again more boogeyman nonsense. The world does not
revolve around Cloudflare or any other provider. If I were
a customer, and my customers could not reach me, I would
go to my provider. If I discovered my provider was being
unethical in their practice, I would be an idiot to stay
with them. "Hey its ok for me to conduct eCommerce
transactions. I mean they're only allowing DoS, malware,
ransomware."

Tell me how would that work for you when your clients
started jumping ship because your network is dirty. Again
I go back to square one... The responders ("No you can
never!!!") are those who truly could care less about the
current state of garbage on the net. Masquerading it along
the lines of:

"Ermahgerd WAR!!!"
"OMG YOU WILL ONLY HAVE AN INTRANET"
"You can't be serious!!!"

--
J. Oquendo

"Where ignorance is our master, there is no possibility of
real peace" - Dalai Lama

0B23 595C F07C 6092 8AEB  074B FC83 7AF5 9D8A 4463
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xFC837AF59D8A4463