EVERYTHING about Booters (and CloudFlare)

Jair Santanna j.j.santanna at utwente.nl
Wed Jul 27 13:49:50 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

A friend forward me your topic about Booters and CloudFlare. Then I
decided to join the NANOG list. The *answer* for the first question
about CloudFlare and Booters is at:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW5vJyI_HcU (minute 45:55) given by the
_CloudFlare CEO_ in the blackhat2013.

I investigate Booters since 2013 and I know many (if not all) the
possible aspects about this DDoS-as-a-Service phenomenon. A summary of
my entire research (or large part of that) can be watched at
https://tnc16.geant.org/web/media/archive/3A (from minute 22:53). On top
of that, I developed an algorithm to find Booters and publicly share
such list (http://booterblacklist.com/). My main goal with this
initiative is to convince people to blacklist and keep on track the
users that access Booters (that potentially perform attacks)

If you have any question about any aspect of the entire phenomenon don't
hesitate to contact me. By the way, I want to help deploy the booters
blacklist worldwide and help prosecutors to shutdown this bastards. I
have many evidences!

Cheers,

Jair Santanna
jairsantanna.com