cloudflare hosting a ddos service?

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Wed Jul 27 01:55:39 UTC 2016

CloudFlare will claim they are not hosting the problem. They are just hosting the web page that lets you pay for or points at or otherwise directs you to the problem.

The actual source of packets is some other IP address. Therefore, they can keep hosting the web page. It is not sending the actual [spam|DDoS|hack|etc.], right? So stop asking them to do something about it!

Whether you think that is the proper way to provide service on the Internet is left as an exercise to the reader.

--
TTFN,
patrick