I recommend dslreports.com/speedtest these days (was Speedtest.net not accessible in Chrome due to deceptive ads)

Eric Tykwinski eric-list at truenet.com
Fri Jul 22 00:11:36 UTC 2016

This is probably for Jim Gettys directly, but I’m sure most others have input.  I could of sworn that that there was some test made to detect it directly on switches and routers?  Sort of like iperf, but to test bufferbloat specifically given the OS stack which is going to have issues as well, as shown on bufferbloat.net <http://bufferbloat.net/>.