Leap Second planned for 2016

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Sat Jul 9 20:09:38 UTC 2016

On 9 July 2016 at 22:09,  <A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk> wrote:

> well, we've gone through a few of these now...so if it was all okay before
> its likely to be again... exception: any NEW code that
> you are running since last time - THAT hasnt been tested ;-)

In most cases the bugs are not pathological if the elapsed time is
long, it may not break anything if they are 1s off. And if they
measure short elapsed time, but are done infrequently, you might just
not have hit the code path at the right moment.

I'm sure you've had your share of difficult to track down bugs
requiring very specific set complicated conditions. I give little
value in black-box testing, lot of effort and very high chance of just
not hitting all bug prerequisites, unit testing is much more fruitful,
but alas in walled garden not possible.

  ++ytti