New ICANN registrant change process

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Mon Jul 4 18:35:37 UTC 2016

I've worked behind the scenes for more than one of these outfits. I can tell you that domain registrars are basically printing money. On the other hand, I've also been the victim of domain hijacking. I can tell you that the domain registrars involved were less than useless in reversing the obviously fraudulent transactions. They basically said "Not our problem. Deal with it."

That's on top of the other obviously unethical practices by registrars, such as seizing nonexistent domain names following a prospective buyer's whois search, sluggardly unlocking of domains, etc.

Something had to be done. Now it has been.

To the registers whining about this change:

       Not my problem. Deal with it.

 -mel beckman