Equipment Supporting 2.5gbps and 5gbps

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Thu Jan 28 18:33:14 UTC 2016

Used?

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com

Midwest-IX
http://www.midwest-ix.com

----- Original Message -----

From: "Randy Carpenter" <rcarpen at network1.net>
To: "Josh Reynolds" <josh at kyneticwifi.com>
Cc: nanog at nanog.org
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2016 12:29:54 PM
Subject: Re: Equipment Supporting 2.5gbps and 5gbps

I'd love to know what model Juniper you are getting for $102 per 10GbE port and where you are getting it. The lowest-end 10GbE switch is the EX4600, which lists at more like $850 per port. You can get higher-end ones with much larger port counts and get the cost/port down to about half that, but I can't imagine what you could be talking about for $102/port.

I would kill for a 24-port 10GbE Juniper switch for ~$2,500. You can't even get a 24-port 1GbE for that.

thanks,
-Randy