Google Contact

Damian Menscher damian at google.com
Thu Jan 28 17:33:02 UTC 2016

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 12:08 PM, James Downs <egon at egon.cc> wrote:

> > On Jan 26, 2016, at 09:40, Adam Loveless <adam.loveless at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Any Google engineers that can contact me off list? Seems our address
> space
> > has been blacklisted by Google and we have to enter captchas for them
> now.

Blacklisting IP space is rare (blocks will expire), but sometimes if abuse
is seen from a broad range of IPs they can all be blocked (to handle
hosting providers that give customers lots of IPs).

Is that the capture that happens in front of certain websites? I had that
> happen for two totally unrelated IP blocks. They eventually cleared within
> a day or two, but I think they’re having problems with the detection
> systems.

The detection systems are working as intended.

The captcha also didn’t work right for the site I was trying to access
> (hackernews).

Please send details off-list including: URL, timestamp, source IP, observed
behavior, and anything unusual about your setup (like disabling cookies).

Damian