Equipment Supporting 2.5gbps and 5gbps

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 15:52:59 UTC 2016

The standard 24 or 48 port SFP+ switch is 10 times the price of the
equivalent switch with 24 or 48 port SFP. The same is true for the optics.

2.5 and 4 Gbit/s SFP modules are available and cheap. It is just that
ethernet ports will not take advantage of the extra speed. So it is only
useful on fibrechannel ports.

It would be an improvement if we can get 2.5 or 4 Gbit/s ethernet on SFP
instead of paying for an all SFP+ switch.

Regards,

Baldur