Cisco CMTS SNMP OID's

Nikos Mouat nikm at cyberflunk.com
Sun Jan 24 21:47:11 UTC 2016

Hi Lorell,
    Here's ones that I used to use for DOCSIS 2 UBR's years ago. For the
remote query table, you will obviously need to turn on remote query.

remote query table:
.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.10.59.1.2.1

cable modem registrations:
.1.3.6.1.2.1.10.127.1.3.3.1

if you don't have remote query capability, then you can load the cable
modem ip from the registered list, and hit it with:

transmission.127.1.2.2.1.3.2
transmission.127.1.1.4.1.5.3

which gives you transmit power and SNR from the modem, which was all that
I cared about tracking. I would keep historical logs of the values and
graph over time - but never cleared it when the modem was returned and
re-issued, which yielded interesting graphs as the modem moved from
different plants over its lifetime.

For CMTS upstream errors, I graphed the following via MRTG:

1.3.6.1.2.1.10.127.1.1.4.1.4.%d&1.3.6.1.2.1.10.127.1.1.4.1.4.%d

and for SNR:

1.3.6.1.2.1.10.127.1.1.4.1.5.%d&1.3.6.1.2.1.10.127.1.1.4.1.5.%d

with %d being the ifindex of the upstream interface(s).

Your mileage may vary - this was from my toolsets for DOCSIS 1 and DOCSIS
2 environments, and I was out of the cable business when DOCSIS 3 became
affordable for smaller operators, so never had to worry about updating
tools.

Nikos Mouat