The IPv6 Travesty that is Cogent's refusal to peer Hurricane Electric - and how to solve it

Tore Anderson tore at fud.no
Fri Jan 22 06:35:26 UTC 2016

* Ca By <cb.list6 at gmail.com>

> Selling a service that is considered internet but does not deliver
> full internet access is generally considered properly bad.
>
> I would not do business with either company, since neither of them
> provide a full view.

+1

Both networks are in a position to easily remedy the situation if they
were pragmatically inclined. For example, Cogent could simply accept
HE's offer to peer; HE could simply pick up Cogent's IPv6 routes from
their existing transit provider TSIC.

Instead they both choose to continue their game of chicken to the
detriment of both of their customer bases.

Fortunately there's no shortage of competitors to HE and Cogent who
prioritise providing connectivity higher than engaging in such
nonsense. Vote with your wallets, folks.

Tore