New Switches with Broadcom StrataDNX

Jeff Tantsura jeff.tantsura at ericsson.com
Tue Jan 19 16:46:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

Some points:
1.DNX SDK is significantly different from SGX, adopted by Cumulus and such, yet to be done, and this is not negligible amount of work
2.if you are not interested in capacity but in scale, there’re other BCM chips, perhaps more suitable
3.you don’t have to have all the forwarding entries populated in silicon, as an example - take a look at http://sdn-internet-router-sir.readthedocs.org, code at https://github.com/dbarrosop/sir, one could also leverage approach we have taken in EVPN - decoupling RIB from FIB completely
4.NG silicon will do 1M+ LPM's

Cheers,
Jeff