de-peering for security sake

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Sat Jan 16 11:13:32 UTC 2016

On Thu, Dec 24, 2015 at 11:44:10PM +0000, Colin Johnston wrote:
> We really need to ask if China and Russia for that matter will not
> take abuse reports seriously why allow them to network to the internet ?

One could ask the exact same question about Amazon -- which, as of
the moment, is the worst spam-supporting operation on the planet:

	https://www.spamhaus.org/statistics/networks/

Are they merely incompetent? negligent? stupid? lazy?  Or are they
taking payoffs and bribes from spammers?  Of course from outside there's
no way to know.  But this is not how responsible, ethical, professional
operations behave: those operations promptly read, analyze, answer, and
act on every single abuse report that they get.

---rsk