Deploying IPv6 in an ISP network [ was: Best Source for ARIN Region /24 ]

Hugo Slabbert hugo at slabnet.com
Tue Jan 12 00:21:09 UTC 2016

On Mon 2016-Jan-11 20:16:21 +0000, Shon Elliott <selliott at getunwired.com> wrote:

>I also am interested in where people are finding blocks of /22 or smaller just in case. We have some blocks from Level 3, but eventually, we're going to be out.
>
>That being said, we did get our IPv6 /32 allocation from ARIN. If anyone has any ideas on how to properly deploy this in an ISP environment, I'd love to learn. I've read some whitepapers on the subject, but most of those deal with enterprise based networks, and not so much as a service provider.

Probably others as well, but afaik RIPE NCC's courses are targeting the SP
side a bit more to start getting your feet wet:

https://www.ripe.net/support/training/courses/ipv6/outline
https://www.ripe.net/support/training/courses/advanced-ipv6/outline

How that interacts with your particular equipment etc. is a bigger
question...

--
Hugo

hugo at slabnet.com: email, xmpp/jabber
PGP fingerprint (B178313E):
CF18 15FA 9FE4 0CD1 2319 1D77 9AB1 0FFD B178 313E

(also on Signal)