Binge On! - get your umbrellas out, stuff's hitting the fan.

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Sun Jan 10 22:54:34 UTC 2016

>>> as for carriers pipes...will, if multicast was seriously taken up
>>> then eg OS updates could be streamed out on regular updates
>
> Given that a lot of these updates are happening in the background
> without any interaction with the users

maybe for your customers, but not so true for our user base or others
with which i have experience.  wise folk want control of patching.  and
it's not only IT departments, but end users.

cheeringly, even end users are becoming more cautious, at least those
who have survived :)

otoh, smart devices may tilt this over time.  the security aspects of
this are an amusing and horrifying subject of discussion in the opsec
and other communities.

randy