Another Big day for IPv6 - 10% native penetration

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Tue Jan 5 09:23:05 UTC 2016

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016, Owen DeLong wrote:

> Good that one of them is finally backing down on the previous stupidity,
> but for a variety of reasons, I wish it had been T-mo.

Why? IPv6 only with IPv4 transported over it is clearly the way to go for
the future, it makes more sense to have Apple support this mode once for
their devices, than it is for every mobile provider to have to support
IPv4v6 with all the drawbacks, and then migrate people again to IPv6+AFTR
solution in a few years.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se