Another Big day for IPv6 - 10% native penetration

Bruce Curtis bruce.curtis at ndsu.edu
Tue Jan 5 08:29:00 UTC 2016

This page is fun to play with.  The 3rd order polynomial currently results in the most optimistic projection and 700 days in the future is enough for a good view of the results.  The page is for the US.

https://www.vyncke.org/ipv6status/project.php?metric=q&country=us

> On Jan 2, 2016, at 9:35 AM, Tomas Podermanski <tpoder at cis.vutbr.cz> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>    according to Google's statistics
> (https://www.google.com/intl/en/ipv6/statistics.html) on 31st December
> 2015 the IPv6 penetration reached 10% for the very first time. Just a
> little reminder. On 20th Nov 2012 the number was 1%. In December we also
> celebrated the 20th anniversary of IPv6 standardization - RFC 1883.
>
> I'm wondering when we reach another significant milestone - 50% :-)
>
> Tomas

---
Bruce Curtis                         bruce.curtis at ndsu.edu
Certified NetAnalyst II                701-231-8527
North Dakota State University