Thank you, Comcast.

Brielle Bruns bruns at 2mbit.com
Fri Feb 26 15:56:40 UTC 2016

On 2/26/16 6:27 AM, Mike Hammett wrote:
> "you will also block legitimate return traffic if the customers run
> their own DNS servers or use opendns / google dns / etc."
>
> I'm fine with that. Residential customers shouldn't be running DNS
> servers anyway and as far as the outside resolvers to go, ehhhh... I
> see the case for OpenDNS given that you can use it to filter (though
> that's easily bypassed), but not really for any others.

Except that half the time people run their own DNS resolvers because
their provider's resolvers are

1) Absolute garbage and either fail queries for no reason, don't respond
at times, respond super slow, etc.

2) Hijack NXDOMAIN for advertising / money generation

3) Hijack responses to inject their own ads, popups, etc.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org