Standard terminology for a dark fiber path?

Anthony Junk anthonyrjunk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 18:08:01 UTC 2016

Just my .02 but I would think to call it a "single fiber link" or perhaps
just a "fiber link". A fiber path doesn't strike me as being one solid
connection but could instead include patching in the middle and not be a
continuous strand. As far as fiber loop, that is used to reference the
OC192 transport ring that exists in the DC metro area. Again, this is just
from my experience but I find people misusing terms all the time so I've
come to accept that I need to always ask qualifying questions to determine
what they truly mean.

Sincerely,

Anthony R Junk
Network and Security Engineer