Cogent & Google IPv6

Patrick W. Gilmore patrick at ianai.net
Wed Feb 24 20:04:02 UTC 2016

To answer Matt’s question, NO.

Assume Cogent peers with NTT. Assume Google peers with NTT. NTT has very good v6 connectivity (not an assumption).

Cogent cannot send a packet to NTT and say “please hand this to Google”. Nor can Google hand a packet to NTT with a destination of Cogent.

Under this scenario, NTT is not being paid by Cogent or Google. Why would they take a packet from one and give it to the other?

--
TTFN,
patrick