APC vs UPC?

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 13:24:55 UTC 2016

Hi

SFP modules will generally have UPC connectors. You therefore need to use
cables with UPC at one end and APC at the other end.

If you use a APC-APC cable you will have 3-6 dB of optical loss. If it is a
short connection and you are out of correct cables, it will usually work.
On longer connections you need the extra power budget.

As to where to buy, I will suggest fiberstore.com.

Regards,

Baldur