About inetnum "ownership"

Naslund, Steve SNaslund at medline.com
Mon Feb 22 16:48:23 UTC 2016

Simple to answer.

1. Address space is finite in size, therefore in the V4 space more people want addresses than there is available space.  Hence it has value because demand exceeds supply.

2.  Managing address space allocations is not a zero cost effort, therefore the RIRs charge a price for that.  Anything that costs money to acquire presumably has value.

Steven Naslund
Chicago IL