Automated alarm notification

Phil Clarke phil at vampire-slayers.com
Fri Feb 12 02:27:11 UTC 2016

> On 11 Feb 2016, at 21:51, Frank Bulk <frnkblk at iname.com> wrote:
>
> Is anyone aware of software, or perhaps a service, that will take SNMP
> traps, properly parse them, and perform the appropriate call outs based on
> certain content, after waiting 5 or 10 minutes for any alarms that don't
> clear?

Where I currently work we use CastleRock SNMPc and feed alarms based off certain trap conditions/time events into another bit of software called EasyCall which then sends out SMS messages to the engineers; however both are Windows based only.

$Job-1 used Nagios to parse the traps and send SMS from a mobile phone directly connected to the server after the conditions were met.