Devices with only USB console port - Need a Console Server Solution

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 01:25:45 UTC 2016

The airconsole's are cute ... but not really practical.

I happened to get a chip computer (getchip.com ?) and turned it into a
console server I can get to over the net ... at least at home and
equinix. it's also 'cute' but not really practical... it is only 9 USD
though, so there's that.

I'm really unclear why USB for console is 'a thing' for large gear...
9600 is plenty fast for typing, 115200 is acceptable (in a pinch) for
code upgrades... (icky, yes, but...)

I wonder if you can x-modem over the usb... and at what rate. I also
do wonder about jared's problem of: "hey so I need to hit break to fix
this gear during reboot.... oops! driver not loaded yet!"