Cable Operator List

Edwin Mallette edwin.mallette at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 16:14:27 UTC 2016

Hi Colton,

For what it sounds like you’re really looking for, a remote MAC-PHY (or
pre remote MAC-PHY, ala mini CMTS) would probably be the good fit for your
application.  This is certainly not an endorsement, as we haven’t used any
remote MAC-PHY devices today.

There are a couple players pouring money into products that haven’t really
been mentioned yet...
1) Huawei - which initially brought a mini CMTS to market (D3.0, 16x4.)
Some C-DOCSIS stuff, so may be feature poor but it doesn’t sound like you
really need the boatload of features that are in a classic full-size CMTS
anyway.  Not sure what’s going on with their D3.1 remote MAC-PHY general
availability is either.
2) Gainspeed - D3.0/D3.1 product (not sure about where the generally
availability of their product lines are) but if you happen to be a Juniper
customer, they partner with Gainspeed so it can be easy to get engaged
with them.

Ed