Devices with only USB console port - Need a Console Server Solution

Erik Sundberg ESundberg at nitelusa.com
Tue Feb 2 04:34:57 UTC 2016

Just some follow up on this one. I have also posed in the C-NSP list

Yes you do need to have this kit to have serial console, No a normal USB-DB9 Console adapters do not work.

Here are some pictures of the ASR920 Console kit A920-CONS-KIT-S

The Adapter Plugs in the Top Left USB Console Port and we have it wired up to a Perle IOLAN SCS48C console server using a rollover cable.

Here are some pictures of  it, since I can only find a brief mention of it in all the cisco docs.

http://imgur.com/a/w8clL