Recent NTP pool traffic increase

Allan Liska allan at allan.org
Fri Dec 30 19:08:50 UTC 2016

On 12/30/2016 at 1:20 PM, "Majdi S. Abbas"  wrote:On Thu, Dec 22, 2016
at 11:31:08PM -0500, Laurent Dumont wrote:
> What I mostly meant is that there should be a regulated,
industry-wide
> effort in order to provide a stable and active pool program. With
the
> current models, a protocol that is widely used by commercial devices
is
> being supported by the time and effort of volunteers around the
world.

Who's authoritative for time? Even the national labs aren't --
UTC is figured well after the fact.

In the United States that would the United States Naval Observatory
(USNO) Master Clock (http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/).  You can read more
about it here:
http://motherboard.vice.com/read/demetrios-matsakis-and-the-master-clock

allan