Benefits (and Detriments) of Standardizing Network Equipment in a Global Organization

Chad Dailey nanog at thedaileyplanet.com
Thu Dec 29 16:02:55 UTC 2016

I'm not a fan of vendor lock-in, and have been bitten by it.  I eschew
vendor specific solutions unless it is essential to delivering a particular
result.  Keeping multiple players at the table, and making those players
aware that you have other options that you can and do take advantage of
seems to keep them on their toes when it's time for refresh.