Recent NTP pool traffic increase

Philip Homburg pch-nanog-1 at u-1.phicoh.com
Fri Dec 23 12:21:42 UTC 2016

>What I mostly meant is that there should be a regulated, industry-wide
>effort in order to provide a stable and active pool program. With the
>current models, a protocol that is widely used by commercial devices is
>being supported by the time and effort of volunteers around the world.

My employer has a budget 'for the good of the Internet' So I'd suggest that
people involved in NTP (certainly pool) submit proposals.

Likewise, there are country code DNS registries that are non-profits
and have budgets for research, etc. Given that time is important for
DNSSEC, it maybe worth contacting them.