[NANOG-announce] 2016 NANOG Election Results

Dave Temkin dave at temk.in
Wed Dec 21 01:32:16 UTC 2016

Hi NANOG Community,

Following up from our election in October, the NANOG Board listened to
feedback from our members and discussed the potential implications of
releasing vote counts.

The Board has decided that while we will not publish the individual vote
counts from this past election, we will publish the results going forward.
Given the ambiguity as to whether or not we are obligated to publish these
counts, we felt it best to be conservative as to not alienate those that
ran under the impression that counts would not be released.

As part of the discussion, the board as well decided to change the makeup
of the Election Committee. In past elections, it was made up of two
non-conflicted board members and the Executive Director. Going forward, two
board members will be joined by 3 NANOG members, to be selected by the
seated board.

Best Regards,

-Dave Temkin
Chair, NANOG Board of Directors