Recent NTP pool traffic increase (update)

Denys Fedoryshchenko denys at visp.net.lb
Mon Dec 19 19:22:11 UTC 2016

Many sorry! Update, seems illiterate in english (worse than me, hehe)
customer was not precise about model of router, while he reported issue.

I noticed now many customers using specific models of routers reported
issues with internet connection.
Analyzing internet traffic, i noticed that this routers seems
excessively requesting ntp from those ip addresses, and not trying
others:

  > 192.5.41.40.123: NTPv3, Client, length 48
  > 192.5.41.41.123: NTPv3, Client, length 48
  > 133.100.9.2.123: NTPv3, Client, length 48

I'm asking customer to make photo of device, to retrieve model and
revision, and checking other customers as well, if they are abusing same
servers.
There is definitely pattern, that all of them are using just this 3
hardcoded servers. Problem is that many customers are changing mac of
router, so i cannot clearly
identify vendor by first mac nibbles.
He sent me 2 photos, one of them LB-Link (mac vendor lookup 20:f4:1b
says Shenzhen Bilian electronic CO.,LTD), another is Tenda (c8:3a:35 is
Tenda).
If it is necessary i can investigate further.