Recent NTP pool traffic increase

Laurent Dumont admin at coldnorthadmin.com
Mon Dec 19 18:29:19 UTC 2016

I also have a similar experience with an increased load.

I'm running a pretty basic Linode VPS and I had to fine tune a few
things in order to deal with the increased traffic. I can clearly see a
date around the 14-15 where my traffic increases to 3-4 times the usual
amounts.

I did a quick dump and in 60 seconds I was hit by slightly over 190K IPs

http://i.imgur.com/mygYINk.png

Weird stuff

Laurent