Wanted: volunteers with bandwidth/storage to help save climate data

DaKnOb daknob.mac at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 16:42:46 UTC 2016

We are currently working on a scheme to successfully authenticate and verify the integrity of the data. Datasets in https://climate.daknob.net/ are compressed to a .tar.bz2 and then hashed using SHA-256. The final file with all checksums is then signed using a set of PGP keys.

We are still working on a viable way to verify the authenticity of files before there are tons of copies lying around and there’s a working group in the Slack team I sent previously where your input is much needed!

Thanks,
Antonios