Cogent Router code updates during height of ecommerce season?

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Thu Dec 8 16:09:42 UTC 2016

Hello,

Over the last several days we have had interruptions at multiple times in our service with Cogent due to them performing router code updates on multiple nodes. I know that some companies put these sorts of updates on hold during the holiday season but I was wondering if anyone has heard of any unannounced security flaws that only larger companies such as Cogent would be privy to?

I am certain that if you have heard of these flaws you cannot post the details but a simple yes or no about the existence of such a thing is plenty for me.

Happy Holidays

Thanks,
-Drew