Favorite Speed Test Systems

Steven Miano mianosm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 15:58:35 UTC 2016

First, you only get down from fast.com not up - so the up/down is a bit
suspect there.

Second, this is a more 'real world' test than iperf - if you want to ensure
that your NIC is operating at the rated speed I'd imagine you'd have the
ability to setup an iperf target and check Layer2/Layer3 transfer
speeds/etc.

Third, you should really look into that if you are 1 hop away and getting
that type of speed. Clearly you deserve better. ;-)

80Mbps result (with comparison link if you don't like that one):
http://i.imgur.com/Cnr92Ag.png - of course I'm on a 240Mbps WAN connection:

*Last Result:*
Download Speed: *236960* kbps (29620 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: *22991* kbps (2873.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: *12* ms
Jitter: *2* ms
12/5/2016, 10:57:56 AM

(Those results are from my provider in the Tampa Bay area at:
speedtest.bhn.net).

~Steven

--
Miano, Steven M.