Chinese root CA issues rogue/fake certificates

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Wed Aug 31 06:50:12 UTC 2016

We've received several unsolicited certificate approval requests from wosign sign on high-value domain names we manage. Wosign has never responded to our requests for information about the requesters. There really isn't anything we can do other than ignore the requests, but clearly somebody is pushing buttons to try to take over these domains or operate MITM attacks.

 -mel beckman