Don't press the big red buttom on the wall!

bzs at theworld.com bzs at theworld.com
Tue Aug 30 20:46:57 UTC 2016

About the worst that ever happened to me was a security guy's
walkie-talkie setting off an instant Halon drop. Cost about $10,000 to
refill and was fairly exciting for those present. That also cut the
machine room's power.

At least it didn't set off the sprinkler system.

We sat down with the Halon system vendor to find out why that happened
after proving, on a by-passed system, that yes indeed one of these
common walkie-talkies sets the thing off.

File under: More Things To Worry About!

--
        -Barry Shein