Cisco Nexus vPC-VOIP Issues

Anurag Bhatia me at anuragbhatia.com
Wed Aug 24 22:20:13 UTC 2016

Hi Santosh

Likely it's disabled arp across broadcast (assuming both servers are on
same broadcast domain). One can comment on it after looking at config of
the port. I have seen similar case in some hosting providers who run shared
vlans across customers and they block direct traffic among those servers.
They usually put a static route of that pool towards gateway.

So e.g you have router on 10.10.10.1 and server 1 on 10.10.10.10, server 2
on 10.10.10.20. Now if direct layer 2 traffic is not allowed by tweaking
broadcast domain, then you can route traffic from say server 1
(10.10.10.10) needs to speak to server 2 (10.10.10.20) then you can put
10.10.10.0/24 static via 10.10.10.1. Whether or not that's a good idea
depends heavily on the use case.

I hope this will help.

On Mon 15 Aug, 2016, 17:26 nico nanog, <nanog at lodpp.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I cannot see any image in attachment.
>
> If you can ping from outside and not between them, wild guess it's not a
> L2 pbm.
>
> Are you able to see the arp of srv2 from srv1 ( and vice-versa )
>
> Without more info ( or it's maybe on the image I cannot see ) I would
> look in ACL somewhere/firewall on srv
>

> Rgd,
> Nico
>

> On 08/14/2016 11:59 PM, sathish kumar Ippani wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > Thank you all in advance.
> >
> > We have connected two nexus 3048 Switches and two l2 Switches as below
> > using vPC and LACP.
> >
> > We have not seen any issues apart from one of VOIP server connected to
> > Switch 1 has lost access to VOIP Server connected Switch 2 and vice
> versa.
> >
> > Where I am able to ping both from Global. Can you please let me know what
> > is went wrong here.
> >

> > [image: Inline image 2]
> >

> --
> Try and fail but never fail to try