Arista unqualified SFP

Alain Hebert ahebert at pubnix.net
Fri Aug 19 17:17:51 UTC 2016

    Well,

    Context: Starting with 10Gb the optics are more finicky.

    Part of that price hike include tech support (1) which you will
never get from most OEM vendor.  PS: Mine is pretty good.

    Having dealt with a few optic issues lately:

        . Why that 10km LR won't work with that circuit, oh its a 8.5km
+ fusion + etc, your cutting it a bit short there bud, replaced them by ER's

        ( Cost: 3 weeks lag on delivery and ~10h )

        . Why is that XFP ain't working in those x450, oh its a power
issue :(

        ( Cost: 6h, delivery was no issue )

    But the question remains, does $290 is over charging it for that
type of insurance.

    PS: Approaching  those issue logically with less Trumpish hyperbole
make more sense, almost as much as the Juniper pricing with their 78%+
discounts off their official pricelist =D

-----
Alain Hebert                                ahebert at pubnix.net
PubNIX Inc.
50 boul. St-Charles
P.O. Box 26770     Beaconsfield, Quebec     H9W 6G7
Tel: 514-990-5911  http://www.pubnix.net    Fax: 514-990-9443