Arista unqualified SFP

Ryan DiRocco ryan.dirocco at totalserversolutions.com
Thu Aug 18 13:49:14 UTC 2016

If you are running Intel NIC(s) such as the X520-DA2 with 3rd party optics for something like DWDM, there are driver option flags for linux/windows, etc to permit the use of the optics. In deployments we've used various branded dac cables to connect Intel branded nics to cisco/arista/brocade, without issue.

As with any vendor, there is a work around procedure.