Arista unqualified SFP

Denys Fedoryshchenko denys at visp.net.lb
Thu Aug 18 13:19:14 UTC 2016

No, this driver patch (or similar) wont work on new model.
But honestly, on my experience, X520 perform still better than 710
series on 10G links.

https://sourceforge.net/p/e1000/mailman/message/34991760/
 From: Wesley W. Terpstra <wesley at te...> - 2016-04-03 14:03:52
He did unlocked by modifying NVM in card(and i guess losing warranty,
for sure)
Somehow it is even better, because X520 needed modification of driver,
and that is not possible on "blackbox" software solutions using them.