Zayo Extortion

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 18:00:06 UTC 2016

On Sat, Aug 13, 2016 at 11:50 AM, HonorFirst Name Ethics via NANOG
<nanog at nanog.org> wrote:
> to say "our accounting system does not track invoice details -- it only shows the total amount due so your numbers mean nothing to us."
>  All the while they relentlessly levied disconnect threats with short timelines such as: "if you don't pay us $128,000 by this Friday,
> we will shut your operation down."
[...]
>At one point their lawyers and accounting people had the nerve to say "our accounting system does not track invoice details

Are you talking with your SP's lawyers without your a legal team of
your own present and advising you?
I think one of the first things they should tell you is not to discuss
pending disputes in public. Time to get
a consultation with your own Lawyers to assist with billing dispute
resolution, ASAP.

Provided there is a reasonable agreement in place: I think  You ought
to be able to at least
temporarily delay your SP from turning off services,  while you work
out your billing dispute.

The service provider could be subject to liability by turning off
services which you have not agreed to disconnect.

Your lawyers should be able to refute a SP's claim about  their
records system not tracking the actual amounts
due under specific agreements causing  the conclusion that the output
from the record system is inscrutible and
infallible.

--
-JH