DNS Services for a registrar

Eli Lindsey eli at siliconsprawl.com
Fri Aug 12 14:43:21 UTC 2016

>From the speed comparison report: "Averaged across all name servers"

That's a silly, synthetic, and non-representative test. It encourages
cohosting all your NS at all your sites to game the performance numbers,
hurting availability.
I'd expect to see a decent amount of latency variance across the NS in a
given delegation because I want them to get anycasted to different
transit/physical locations, and I would also expect that not to translate
into notable user-perceived latency due to resolver's server selection
logic.

-eli